I copied this off Tzy Shih’s blog. He didn’t provide the answers, so I did.
REVISED HIGH SCHOOL MATH
PROFICIENCY EXAM FOR SO. CAL.
1) Jose has 2 ounces of cocaine. If he sells an 8 ball to Antonio for $320 and 2 grams to Juan for $85 per gram, what is the street value of the rest of his hold?
2) Rufus pimps 3 hos. If the price is $85 per trick, how many tricks per day must each ho turn to support Rufus’ $800 per day crack habit?
3) Jerome wants to cut the pound of cocaine he bought for $40,000 to make a 20% profit. How many ounces will he need?
4) Willie gets $200 for a stolen BMW, $150 for stealing a Corvette, and $100 for a 4×4. If he steals 1 BMW, 2 Corvettes, and 3 4×4′s, how many more Corvettes must he steal to have $900?
5) Raoul got 6 years for murder, he also got $10,000 for the hit. If his common-law wife spends $100 per month, how much money will be left when he gets out?
**Extra credit question: How much more time will he get for killing the ho that spent his money??**
6) If an average can of spray paint covers 22 square feet and the average letter is 3 square feet, how many letters can be sprayed with 3 eight-ounce cans of spray paint?
7) Hector knocked up 3 girls in the gang. There are 27 girls in his gang. What is the exact percentage of girls Hector knocked up?
8) Bernie is a lookout for the gang. Bernie has a boa constrictor that eats 3 small rats per week at a cost of $5 per rat. If Bernie makes $700 a week as a lookout, how many weeks can he feed the boa with one week’s salary?
9) Billy steals Joe’s skateboard. As Billy skates away at 35 mph, Joe loads his 357 Magnum. If it takes Joe 20 seconds to load his Magnum, how far away will Billy be when he gets whacked?
REMEMBER SAY NO TO DRUGS. GOOD LUCK & NO TALKING.
And the answers:
1. $2302 if he sells at $45 per gram as he did when he sold the 8 ball at $320.
2. More than 3 tricks per hoe. Or exactly 3.137
3. Considering the average purity of street cocaine to be around 25%, and the price to be around $100 per gram, he would need about 4.23 ounces of pure cocaine to make $48,000.
4. Just one more.
5. He will be left with $2800. Bonus question: he will probably get more than 6 years for a repeated offence.
6. 22 letters.
8. 46.66 weeks.
9. 0.194 miles or 312 meters away.
No wonder drugs are so profitable… Continue reading