The first decade of the 21st century is almost over. Lots of things have happened during the past decade, and we’re probably going to usher in the next decade hoping for a better economy, finding ways to deal with the energy crisis and also global warming.
2009 for me has also been a blast. It has been a pretty eventful year. I’ve been able to accomplish some of my targets for 2009 and some more. Anyways here’s a short recap on what happened in 2009.
- Came back from my Melbourne and Sydney Trip
- Went back to Kuching for Chinese New Year with my relatives
- Went for a photo outing: Thaipusam Shoot
Bought my first rangefiner, then sold it because I realised
it didn’t suit me well.
- Went for a shoot a FRIM: (Forest Research Institute of Malaysia) Part 1, Part 2.
- Cheated on World Maths Day.
- Went to Melbourne for the weekend.
- Went to shoot the Melbourne International Motor Show
- Port Dickson Trip with Zoe Yve
- Photo outing at Putrajaya International Hot Air Balloon Fiesta 2009
- Followed by a Putrajaya Shoot
- Earth Hour 2009 at KLCC
- Tested out the Nikon D3x at DCIM
- My first wall climbing experience at Shah Alam
- Reviewed the ultra wide angle Tokina 11-16 f/2.8. Superb lens for landscapes. Not for camwhores.
- DIY-ed a macro lens.
- Talked about Flash sync speed.
- Planned and went for an impromptu trip to Kota Kinabalu, Sabah
- Started my 3 months stint at KLIA ASU. Sorry no photos, but I spent one of the best times of my life there.
- iPhone 3Gs Launched.
- Flight AF447 crashed into the Atlantic Ocean. Cause of accident still unknown.
- Got some flash gels.
- Bought a bright torch light with a SSC P7 led.
- Why I stopped drinking. But then I never learn.
- King of Pop Michael Jackson passed away.
- iPhone firmware 3.0 is released.
- Renewed my road tax online.
- DIY-ed an aquarium chiller for a friend.
- Talked about what goes on during an aircraft transit.
- Finally joined Twitter @tzywen.
- Explained the usage of Gobos.
- Did some sprocket hole photography with a Holga.
- Created the Airline Manager Route Distance Database. It’s still being actively used by around 6000 users daily and close to 20k hits per day.
- “Modifying” a Nikon SB600 to work on a Holga.
- Went to shoot the Merdeka Millennium Endurance Race 2009 at Sepang.
- Went back to Kuching on an Airbus A330 jumpseat. Video of the takeoff available.
- Started my CarPC project.
- I was invited to give a talk on my Nikon CLS hack at the Nikonian Academy.
- Went to Langkawi with my family.
- Busy preparing for my DCA exams.
- Went to shoot the USAF Thunderbirds in Malaysia. Awesome performance. No words can describe their precision.
- Built a home constellation projector.
- Toyed with the idea of FPV flying.
- Got a Wiimote and made a whiteboard out of it.
- Compiled a list of Top 11 signs of a Twitter addict. This was also my 1000th post.
- Launched my own URL shortening service Sli.my
On the way to Sydney.
I now do engineering consultation and product development for them on a part-time basis.
2009 has been a great year but 2010 promises to be an even better one. I’ll be flying off to UK later for 11 days. Regular updates will continue after 13th of January 2010.
Before I go I’d like wish the very best for you for 2010! Have a Happy New Year!
Signing off for year 2009,
Tzy Wen. Continue reading